New Nintendo Switch Mini version confirmed to be out in September of 2019, it’s called Switch Lite. It’s a smaller, lighter and cheaper Nintendo Switch variant, with a set of 3 colors, but without TV mode, Joycon, Labo, HD rumble and IR sensors. Here to know all details about Nintendo Switch Lite, its difference with the regular Switch and The possibility to Hack the new Switch Lite handheld with Team Xecuter SX Pro or SX OS.
What’s the Nintendo Switch Lite?
It’s another family member of Nintendo Switch, it’s more of a lower-cost spin-off. It will be launched on September 20th — the same day as Link’s Awakening. There is also an exclusive Pokémon version will be out on November 8th at the same price $200 (AU$330, £200).
The Nintendo Switch Lite comes in multiple colors at launch — yellow, grey, and turquoise, and they all have a pleasant matte texture that feels great to hold.
The Switch Lite has most of the same internal Switch features intact: 32GB of storage, a microSD card slot, same volume button layout, a headphone jack, USB-C for charging (it comes with the same charger that comes with the Switch). It still has Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth, built-in gyro contro and can connect to extra controllers.
The new Lite has a 5.5-inch touch display, compared to 6.2-inch for its predecessor. There are some other nice touches as well, like bezels and an air vent that match the color of the hardware, so they blend in better. Overall it’s a solid device, and exactly what you’d expect from this kind of refresh.
Switch Lite should also have better battery life — roughly 20-30% more, depending on the game, due to a more power-efficient chip layout, as well as the lack of additional batteries in the built-in controllers.
There’s also a new true D-pad on the left side, replacing a set of four buttons on the Switch’s Joy-Con that offered those same functions. It looks like a better option for playing NES-type retro games.
Comparision with the Original Switch
There are a number of improvements with the Switch Lite.
- The first one, It’s significantly lighter and cheaper, more portable.
- The Switch Lite also feels more sturdy since the Joy-Con controllers are now part of the device. The controller layout is largely identical on the Lite, though the new Switch has a proper d-pad, replacing the not-so-precise directional buttons on the original.
- The Switch Lite uses a more efficient processor that enables smaller heat vents on top of the system.
- The Switch Lite is designed explicitly as a handheld: you can’t connect it to your TV, and the Joy-Con controllers are built right in.
- Its lack of detachable controllers, HD rumble, and IR sensors creates some small game compatibility issues. For example, If you want to use motion controls to catch monsters in Pokémon Let’s Go, or play a game like 1-2 Switch that requires them, you’ll need to purchase an additional pair of Joy-Con separately.
- Nintendo Switch Lite won’t really work with Nintendo , because it’s a completely different size. To clarify, some Labo features will work if you find Joy-Cons and pair them wirelessly, but some sets like the VR kit won’t work at all.
Aside from the new design and those few changes, the Switch Lite and the original Switch are largely identical. Nintendo says there’s no performance difference between the two models, and you can still use the same accessories with the Lite, including Joy-Con controllers, the Switch Pro Controller, and the Poké Ball Plus.
Can SX Pro/SX OS hack both the Switch Lite and Switch?
If you are one of the regular Switch user, you may know that the Nintendo Switch is fully hacked or cracked fully since in 2018. The first hacking team called Team Xecuter, which develops the best Switch CFW-SX OS and the ultimate hacking toolkit SX Pro Dongles and Jigs.
Both the Xecuter SX Pro and Xecuter SX OS support users to Jailbreak the Nintendo Switch to play free games&homebrews, they work on the latest Firmware version of Switch(8.0.1).
SX OS is around 29$, SX Pro is around 46$, owing either of them, the regular Switch user can download and play 2000+ free games on their consoles. Currently, Team Xecuter SX Pro or SX OS License is the Best choice to hack the Nintendo Switch.
So can they work on the Nintendo Switch Lite?
For the current SX Pro or SX OS version, the answer is No. After the hacking of Switch, Nintendo becomes more careful and tries their best to stop the same mistake as they do on the old Switch, their regular Switch is hacked due to the unpatchable exploit in the Nvidia Tegra X1 processor, so from June of 2018, Nintendo revises it and produces Patched Switch consoles, which are not compatible with SX OS, Atmophere and any other Switch CFW.
But according to the latest news, the Ipatched units are becoming Hackable as well, the PegaScape released recently. This exploit is only compatible with Switch FW 2.0.0-3.0.0, 4.0.0 and 4.1.0, but it Can work on the IPATCHED Switch on 4.1.0. Which means that to grab PegaSwitch and run CFWs like Atmosphere on your ipatched Switch, you can hack the console to play free games and homebrew finally!
PegaScape, which is a program that’s used to reboot an unhacked Switch console to CFW/emuMMC, has been updated with support for FW 4.0.0/4.1.0 using Caffeine meaning that you can boot Atmosphere on ipatched systems for the first time!
This release is an update to the Caffeine exploit (by lieurvehc/deer) which is a warmboot Déjà Vu-based (SciresM) exploit meaning that it doesn’t make use of vulnerabilities in the Switch’s RCM mode but of vulnerabilities found in Horizon OS.
- General Overview: pegascape.sdsetup.com
- Guide: switch.homebrew.guide
- Consider waiting to use the guide on IPATCHED units until it is updated with emuMMC information.
With the Switch news above, the expression “Good things come to those who wait” is pretty well demonstrated in practice. So I believe to the upcoming Switch Lite handheld, there will be a way to Crack it soon after releasing.