Only around a week, another Switch firmware update released, that’s the Nintendo Switch 8.0.1 version. For modding it or using it for CFWs, should we update it or not? Here is the answer.
Update: Nintendo Switch updated to 8.1.0, SX OS 2.8 and Atmosphere 0.9.1 supports it already.
Switch Firmware 8.0.1 Update
Improvements Included in Version 8.0.1 (Distributed 04/23/2019)
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
The changelog is minimal this time around, only noting that there’s been general stability updates. So if you want to play the latest games require the 8.0.1 firmware and get access to Eshop, just do this to update your Switch firmware.
- Select the “System Settings” on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down through the System Settings menu and select “System.”
- Select “System Update,” to start the system update process.
- During the process, the system will first perform a check to determine if a new system update is available.
- If an update is available, the download process will begin automatically.
If you are having a hacked Switch console or plan to mod it with some Custom Firmware, Don’t update for now!!!
Hacking Scene of Switch 8.0.1 Firmware
- Homebrew Launcher: Still works on 8.0.1, confirmed by SciresM in ReSwitched Discord server.
- CFWs: Atmosphere 0.8.8 and ReiNX 2.2 works on 8.0.1 firmware, also confirmed by SciresM. But SX OS and any CFWs still are patched since the 8.0.0 system version, they Can’t work on the 8.0.1 update yet.
- Exploits: RCM is working, Fusée Gelée, Tegra bootROM exploit are working.
Flashcards for Nintendo Switch 8.0.1 Cracking
Because the Atmosphere 0.8.8 is supporting the latest update, we can buy the R4s dongle, SX Gear or other Switch flashcart for booting this CFW on 8.0.1 firmware console. Among them, the Xecuter SX Gear and R4s Dongle are much more recommended, quality guaranteed by the official Team Xecuter or R4I-SDHC site, reasonable price with good performance, the 2 dongles are the most popular Switch modchips in the market except for Xecuter SX Pro.
In the same time, the N2 Elite, named Amiiqo in the past, this disc can work on the Nintendo Switch 8.0.1 console as well, it does not boot CFW on Switch, it collects 200 free Amiibos on your handheld. So you are no need to buy each Amiibo, just get one N2 Elite, you can backup hundereds of Amiibos files on Nintendo Switch. It’s ON Sale in Mod3dscard with Voucher code “2019Mods”.
Best Accessory for Nintendo Switch in 2019
To your Switch 8.0.1 or lower firmware console, there are some must to buy accessories to be recommended. You can find all of them with A very Lower price in Mod3dscard shop too.