Another Nintendo Switch Firmware 8.1.0 is coming before the release of Super Mario Maker 2, You Should not Update if you are the users of Xecuter SX OS, Atmosphere, ReiNX or any any Switch CFW. Yes, the new version 8.1.0 is currently patching all Nintendo Switch custom firmwares.
Hacking Nintendo Switch 8.1.0 Firmware?
The Switch 8.1.0 system update was arrived on June 17, 2019. This firmware was released for the following regions: ALL.
Like always, Switch 8.1.0 Firmware update is just one of those “stability” updates. The official changelog just states: “General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.”, and not giving any hint as to what might have changed.
But, the Switch hacker SciresM, he discloses to us more details.
Acoording to him, we know that Custom Firmware Atmosphere 0.9.0 does not support 8.1.0. Individual components from Atmosphere such as Sept also need to be updated.
Team Xecuter’s SX OS CFW, it Doesn’t support Switch 8.1.0 firmware either. The same situation goes to the ReiNX custom firmware. To you have the CFW or plan to crack your Switch with any of them, currently You Can’t update console to the latest firmware version.
As a rule, thanks for the hard working of SciresM, the CFW Atmosphere will be compatible with Switch V8.1.0 with a few days or hours. Then the ReiNX and the SX OS, the time won’t be long, so no need to Worry.
I believe we can play the Super Mario Maker 2 on Switch SX OS or Atmosphere again in the near future.
How to disable 8.1.0 automatic update on Nintendo Switch?
The first thing is never connect your Switch to wi-fi. You should make sure your Switch doesn’t start downloading any software updates that you don’t want.
- Select System Settings from the Home screen on your Switch.
- Scroll down and select System at the bottom of the System Settings menu list.
- Scroll down and select Auto-Update Software and switch to “Off”. Do not select Software Update or you might accidentally trigger an unwanted software update.
What you can do if already updates to Switch 8.1.0?
- If you have enough patience, you can wait for the release of the next SX OS 2.8 or Atmosphere 1.0.0.
- If you don’t want to wait a little, check this link for the Switch downgrade guide. If you still don’t know how to do, join in this Discord Server, ask in the Support Channel, you can get help from there about Switch&3DS hacking.
- If you are looking for any hack on 8.1.0 now, the N2 Elite is the one, it’s an amiibo flashcard, working on Any Switch firmware version, no exception, it can emulate, save and collect 200 Free Amiibos on your console with Cheat feature.