The original Switch revision-an enhanced new Switch model will be released in 2019 mid-August. Its package, price, upgraded features, differences with the standard Switch, hacking status and all other details, you can read from here. Nowadays, old Nintendo Switch released before June 2018 is totally Cracked(by Team Xecuter SX Pro or SX OS), but the hacking to patched Switch consoles is still on the way.
New Nintendo Switch Model-Switch V2
According to Nintendo, the new model for the standard Switch with some refreshed components and nearly double the battery life. From Nintendo’s recent FCC filing, we can infer that the refreshed components will include an updated version of Nvidia’s Tegra X1 chip, new flash memory modules, and a revamped circuit board.
Switch V2 is set to be released in mid-August in US, in late August in Japan, and from Eurogamer reports, the UK released should be start from early September.
The most significant change of New Switch console is the battery life. The original launch model Switch’s battery offered between 2.5-6.5 hours of playtime by Nintendo’s estimates. However, this revised version will deliver 4.5-9 hours of battery life, even topping that of the Switch Lite, which boasts improved playtime over the original Switch.
For example, when playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, there is an increase from approximately 3 hours of single-charge play on the old model to approximately 5.5 hours on the New Switch model, said by Nintendo.
As for the price, it doesn’t have much difference with the old Switch, just costs the same ($300 or roughly £280).
Difference with the Old Switch
Except for that, the Switch V2 isn’t a Switch Lite or Pro-style revision with a completely new look. The new model looks exactly like the old one. In addition to this Switch revision, new Switch Joy-Con colors are also be announced. Plus, the upcoming special edition Dragon Quest X1 S Switch is also one of the new models with extended battery life.
So besides the long batter life, how we can tell from the old Switch between the Switch V2, don’t worry, there are the factors.
- New Switch model will have a serial number that starts with “XKW” (instead of “XAW” for the current Switch), and followed by the model number “HAC-001(-01).” You can locate the serial number on the bottom of a Nintendo Switch, on the left side.
- New Switch packaging features the system against a red background with a TV on the right side however the original packaging features the system against a white background with a TV on the left side. Switch V2 also has the TV and Nintendo Switch itself shown from a slight angle, rather than a straight-forward shot.
- Dragon Quest X1 S Switch is the New Switch model, not the old version.
Switch V2 has a brand new serial number, which apparently means that it’s the Patched Nintendo Switch unit too, so with the current Hacking methods, we can’t Crack it. Or at least, we can’t crack the New Switch with firmware from v4.2 to v8.1, the new console system version under v4.2 maybe compatible with the PegaScape, which is developed for booting CFW/emuMMC on unhacked machines to play Free games and Homebrews.
Note: If you have an old Switch and want to check if it’s hackable or not, this article is your answer. Currently, on a hacked Nintendo Switch, you can do these things if you
- Play All Nintendo Switch Games for free, including the eshop games, the newest titles, such as the Super Mario Maker 2.
- Install Homebrews tools, softwares, apps and games to your Switch, enjoy them freely too.
- Emulate Retro games on the Nintendo Switch, including Nintendo Famicom/NES, Nintendo Famicom/NES, N64, GBA&GB&GBC, Sega Genesis, MAME, PS1 titles and much more.
- Add game Cheat Codes to Switch roms, enjoy Cheats easily when playing games.
- Setup Emuland to play online safely without Ban worry.
Is it the Nintendo Switch Pro?
Of course No and during interview with CNET last week, Nintendo of America president Doug Bowser said the Switch Lite would be the “only new Nintendo Switch hardware this holiday.” So in year 2019, with the Switch Lite and the Switch revision, I don’t think we will have the third console- Switch Pro model released, though it’s the wish for most of us.